2nd Shift Plastic’s Set Up & Process Technician
2nd Shift Set Up & Process Technician
We are looking for a 2nd shift, 3PM to 11:15PM, Set Up & Process technician for a large client of ours in Palatine, IL. They are a heavy plastics company that has been around for close to 65 years. They offer full benefits with the option to go direct after 4 months.
Pay: $24 – $28 per hour, OT available
Shift: 11 pm- 7 am
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs maintenance duties as assigned from maintenance team leader by completing daily work repairs.
- Troubleshoots any mechanical, hydraulic or minor repairs on plant equipment by working with blueprints, test equipment or manuals to complete machine repairs.
- Implements mechanical, electrical or hydraulic improvements by monitoring problems, designing and completing repairs or improvements.
- Completes any welding, soldering or brazing through the use of acetylene torches and welding equipment.
- Monitors plant safety through pro-active equipment repairs and improvements that meet OSHA standards.
- Performs major building and facility repairs and rearrangements as required by maintaining and updating plant systems and facilities to meet current production requirements.
- Performs preventative maintenance by monitoring preventative maintenance schedules on plant equipment and completing repairs.
- Develops maintenance skills through training “on the job”, education and development of external and internal education resources.
- Operates various testing equipment as required to complete maintenance repairs.
- Orders parts as required by writing a purchase requisition for proper parts to maintain supply and complete repairs.
- Increases customer satisfaction (internal and external) by participating in identifying customer needs, surveying customer satisfaction, involving customers in continuous process improvements, etc.
- Contributes to continuous process improvements by:
- Understanding the concepts of process, process variation, waste identification.
- Active involvement on formal teams, informal process improvements, formal and informal individual suggestions for improvements, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5+ years experience in set-up of injection molding equipment.
- Have flexible hours with a willingness to complete the job as required.
- Have good people and communication skills.
- Have good mechanical ability.
- Be a self starter that can work with minimum supervision.
- Positive work record, attitude and good attendance record.
- Good basic math skills.
- Willing to accept responsibility and accountability.
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Engages in discussions to promote developmental insight and planning.
- Responds to information and situations in a self controlled manner.
- Conducts thorough gathering of factual information as a basis for decision making.
- Uses and creates analytical tools to document, assess, and measure information to support business decisions.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions including failure.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.