We are looking for a 2nd Shift Maintenance Technician for our injection molding manufacturing facility in Palatine, IL.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs maintenance duties as assigned from maintenance team leader by completing daily work repairs.
- Troubleshoots any mechanical, hydraulic or minor repairs on plant equipment by working with blueprints, test equipment or manuals to complete machine repairs.
- Implements mechanical, electrical or hydraulic improvements by monitoring problems, designing and completing repairs or improvements.
- Completes any welding, soldering or brazing through the use of acetylene torches and welding equipment.
- Monitors plant safety through pro-active equipment repairs and improvements that meet OSHA standards.
- Performs major building and facility repairs and rearrangements as required by maintaining and updating plant systems and facilities to meet current production requirements.
- Performs preventative maintenance by monitoring preventative maintenance schedules on plant equipment and completing repairs.
- Develops maintenance skills through training “on the job”, education and development of external and internal education resources.
- Operates various testing equipment as required to complete maintenance repairs.
- Orders parts as required by writing a purchase requisition for proper parts to maintain supply and complete repairs.
- Increases customer satisfaction (internal and external) by participating in identifying customer needs, surveying customer satisfaction, involving customers in continuous process improvements, etc.
- Contributes to continuous process improvements by:
- Understanding the concepts of process, process variation, waste identification.
- Active involvement on formal teams, informal process improvements, formal and informal individual suggestions for improvements, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Safety Awareness: Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Coaching: Engages in discussions to promote developmental insight and planning. Pr
- Composure: Responds to information and situations in a self controlled manner.
- Investigation: Conducts thorough gathering of factual information as a basis for decision making.
- Metrics: Uses and creates analytical tools to document, assess, and measure information to support business decisions.
- Personal Accountability: Accepts responsibility for own actions including failure.
- Strong in PLC and mechanical skills.
- Willingness to accept responsibility
- Able to make decisions
- Action-oriented, self starter who can work with little or no supervision
- 3+ years in manufacturing plant environment, working with injection molding equipment is preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.