LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Deburr Technician for a 2nd shift opportunity in Parsons, Kansas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Deburr Technician will blend, deburr, grind, file, and sand surfaces of metal parts.
- Read, interpret, and follow planning, work orders, blueprints or mylars and other engineering data.
- Examines surface of metal to detect defects such as dents, scratches, burrs or breaks in metal.
- Prepares surface of part and edges to specified finish.
- Polishes metal surface.
- Inspects own work.
- Scribe parts and then blend to the scribe lines.
- Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
Qualifications and requirements:
3+ years related experience in job function and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience
- Math skills: decimals, percentages, fractions, ratios, proportions; geometry and trigonometry is a plus
Ability to read and interpret blueprints and mylars
Basic computer knowledge and skills
- Fine hand motor skills
- Self-motivated, quick learner
- Strong attention to detail
Must be flexible and able to work independently.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.