Hot Form Press Operator
Hot Form Press Operator I
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Hot Form Press Operator for a 1st shift opportunity in Parsons, Kansas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Hot Form Press Operator I sets up and operates heavy duty power press to bend, form, and straighten metal plates, formed sheet metal, structural shapes, and weldments.
- Read, interpret, and follow work orders, mylars, check fixtures and other engineering data.
- Acquire required tooling by using internal procedures.
- Operate hydraulic and mechanical presses.
- Properly install dies into press.
- Adjust press stroke and tonnage.
- Operate automated argon system.
- Check own work and take first part to quality inspection.
- Collects SPC data according to the control plan attached to the work order.
- Makes any adjustments necessary to maintain quality parts within control limits for SPC.
- Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
Qualifications and requirements:
High School Diploma
3 years related experience in job function and/or training
Able to read blueprints and mylars
Must be able to communicate effectively.
Must be able to work in a spray booth environment.
Must be safety oriented.
Read and understand internal procedures and policies.
Understand and follow through on both verbal and written instructions.
Basic Computer Skills – able to learn new screens, reports, functions and simple software programs with assistance.
- Fine hand motor skills
- Self-motivated, quick learner
- Strong attention to detail
Must be flexible and able to work independently.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.