Laser Axis 2 & Laser Axis 5
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a CNC Machinist for an opportunity in Parsons, Kansas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets up and operates computer-numerical control (CNC) machine to cut and fabricate metallic parts.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and references points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machine.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining problems.
- Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
Qualifications and requirements:
3+ years of related experience/training.
- Ability to use measuring instruments including but not limited to calipers, indicators, and scales.
Ability to operate a forklift.
Prior CNC operator experience helpful.
Read and understand internal procedures and policies.
Understand and follow through on both verbal and written instructions.
Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
Basic Computer Skills – able to learn new screens, reports, functions and simple software programs with assistance.
Must be flexible and able to work independently.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.