LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Painter for a 3rd shift opportunity in Parsons, Kansas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Painter I tends machine equipped with compressed air spray nozzles that coat products or materials with paint or rust proofing agents.
- Pours premixed paint or lacquer into reservoir of machine and couples hose to paint pots or cup guns.
- Adjusts sleeve on nozzles to attain specified spraying pressure and turns thumbscrew to adjust spray pattern towards articles or materials to be coated.
- Mixes paints with thinner solution according to formula.
- Applies dry lube and paint per work order and mil specifications.
- Bakes certain primers in curing oven per specifications.
- Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
- Other duties as assigned may include but not limited to sand blasting and spraying maskant for chem-mill.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 3+ years experience required in similar position or trade school.
- Ability to read blueprints and mylars.
Ability to operate or learn to operate a mil thickness gauge required.
Ability to operate a forklift.
Ability to operate an overhead crane.
Must be safety oriented.
Read and understand internal procedures and policies.
Understand and follow through on both verbal and written instructions.
Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
Basic Computer Skills – able to learn new screens, reports, functions and simple software programs with assistance.
- Fine hand motor skills
- Self-motivated, quick learner
- Strong attention to detail
Must be flexible and able to work independently.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.