Plant Maintenance Worker
Plant Maintenance Worker
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Plant Maintenance Worker for a 2nd shift opportunity in Parsons, Kansas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Plant Maintenance Worker installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe systems.
Maintains preventative maintenance database for facility.
Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
Assists in dismantling defective machines and equipment and installing new or repaired parts.
Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
Maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
Repairs and maintains the physical structure of establishment.
Fabricates and repairs benches, partitions, and other wooden structures.
Assists other maintenance personnel.
Knowledge of policy and procedures in the event of a Hazardous waste release, fire or explosion.
Knowledge of the chemical characteristics and location of hazardous waste in the facility.
Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
Overtime as required to support manufacturing.
Qualifications and requirements:
3+ years related experience in job function and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic computer knowledge and skills required to maintain preventative maintenance database
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Ability to operate an overhead crane and hoist
- Must be able to comply with specific safety policies, i.e. Confined Space, Lockout Tagout, etc.
- Read and understand internal procedures and policies.
- Understand and follow through on both verbal and written instructions
- Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
- Fine hand motor skills
- Self-motivated, quick learner
- Strong attention to detail
Must be flexible and able to work independently.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.