LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a manufacturing manager for an opportunity in Sumner, WA
Responsible for staffing, leading, and directing a multi-functional team of managers, supervisors and employees in the manufacturing of aircraft composites products. Maintain established standard of quality while meeting production schedules and controlling costs. Implement Lean Manufacturing principals and concepts. Monitor production levels and productivity in multiple departments and establish work center relevant metrics and reports. Provide direction to multi-functional staff and redirect labor as necessary. Coordinate between multiple shifts to ensure product flow and on-time deliveries.
- Manage manufacturing operations while coordinating with multiple departments, including Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing Engineering, and Quality Assurance on multiple shifts. Maintain staffing levels appropriate to the required manufacturing levels.
- Oversee aerospace composites manufacturing facility with a current headcount of approximately 200-500
- Complete site renovation scheduled for 2018
- Screen, interview, hire, train, conduct performance appraisals, coach, counsel, and discipline/terminate employees as necessary.
- Monitor production levels and productivity in multiple departments and take action to achieve operational and financial goals and objectives.
- Monitor and record operations for quality standards and take corrective action as needed.
- Ensure system transactions accurately reflect the flow of product through departments.
- Resolve operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Perform other job-related duties as required or directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are a representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to, and be a proponent for change.
- Strong analytical and management skills, with ability and willingness to help set company policies.
- Experience managing a Cost Center or a Profit and Loss manufacturing organization of similar size and complexity with in-depth knowledge of learning curves, standard work hours, and productivity achievement.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure with limited time constraints.
- Basic computer skills (i.e. basic Microsoft Office).
- Knowledge and use of MRP/ERP systems desired.
- Proven Lean Manufacturing skills.
- Composite manufacturing experience strongly desired.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree from 4-year college or university and 7-10 years related experience; or 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.