LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Shipping Clerk to work 1st Shift for a client in Renton, WA.
Verifies and keeps records on outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders and other records.
- Determines method of shipment
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons.
- Assemble wooded or cardboard containers or selects preassembled containers
- Inserts items onto containers
- Secures covers on wooden crates and binds containers with metal banding
- Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers
- Posts weights and shipping charges
- Routes items to departments
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Operates tier lift truck or uses hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are a representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Good writing and math abilities
- Effective communication
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs with good manual dexterity
- Basic computer and keyboard skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of basic methods and techniques of receiving packages
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to precarious places and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate requiring hearing protection in certain areas. PPE is provided by AIM based on the employee’s position and exposure.
Duties are not limited to the above, additional duties may be required and or requested by supervisor or lead.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.