Pay: $25+ per hour, depending on experience
Shift: 8AM-4PM M-F
School Bus Mechanic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to First Student Standards of Excellence
- Scheduling and administering fleet maintenance
- Troubleshooting problems with equipment.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Supervising maintenance operations. Planning and distributing the work and monitoring performance.
- Ensuring compliance on a day-to-day basis with State, Federal and Company requirements.
- Working closely with location manager, providing status of maintenance and budget requirements.
- Identifying actions to improve operating efficiency.
Qualified Candidates For The School Bus Mechanic Position Will Have Met The Following:
- Equivalent of a high school diploma or GED
- 2+ years of related maintenance and repair on medium/heavy duty trucks
- Must furnish own tools and steel toe boots
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass DOT drug test & DOT physical
- CDL, or the ability to obtain while employed
- ASE, preferred but not required
- Technical school training is a plus!
- Previous gasoline, diesel or alternative fuel vehicle maintenance & repair experience
- Experience as a lead technician or supervisor
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.