Diesel Technician II
Shift: 1st, Mon. – Fri.
Pay: $18-$25 per hour, depending on experience
Some of the Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, and holidays.
- Company provided uniforms
- Great work-life balance
- Family-oriented, teamwork driven environment
- Relocation assistance may be available based on experience
Diesel Mechanic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrication, and filter replacements.
- Repair, reline, replace, and adjust brakes (air, hydraulic, electric and brake accessories).
- Test drive vehicles and test components using proper equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair suspension systems including leaf and coil spring systems, and Hendrickson walking beam type suspension systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems, exhaust systems, steering systems, air conditioning, PTO”S and custom exhaust systems.
- Troubleshoot diesel engine fault codes, and make needed repairs.
- Adjust, remove and replace clutches, transmission, differentials, and drivelines.
- Troubleshoot and repair fuel tanks, fifth wheels, trailer hitches, pintle hooks, auxiliary axles, and frames.
- Perform tandem alignment, front axle kingpin, and bushing repairs.
- Perform basic aluminum and steel wire welding.
- Inspect orders for completion and quality before presentation or delivery to customers.
- Record incoming measurements of Driveline to be repaired or assembled.
- Record final measurements, services and parts used during the last stage of a job, noting any special customer request(s).
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Any other duties assigned to support operations.
Diesel Technician Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Post Secondary Certificate or training in mechanics preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in general heavy-duty truck and/or trailer repair.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience on suspensions and alignments and drive train repairs.
- Minimum 2 years on engine electronics and on cab air conditioning.
- Ability to frequently lift or carry parts in excess of 75 lbs.
- Valid drivers’ license with a clean driving record.
- Must have own tools.
- Must have steel toe boots.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.