LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Composite Technicians and Fabrication Specialists with aerospace structural experience for an opportunity at Salt Lake City, Utah.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Fabrication Specialist performs machine set-up, machining on machines such as hydraulic or CNC brake presses, 2 / 3 / 5 axis mills both CNC and manual, punch presses, shears, rollers, etc. and fabrication tasks such as buffing, deburing, and using general shop equipment.
- The composite assembly positions may perform composite assembly tasks such as hand drilling and machine drilling of close tolerance holes, and a wide variety of fastener installation.
- Assemblers build detail parts into small and large components and assemblies.
- There are also sheet metal assembly positions open. These positions may require assembling detail parts into small and large components. Hand drilling and fastener installation, countersinking and other processes will be required to perform this work.
- There are also opportunities to work on wire harnesses/wiring installations and painting parts and assemblies in a paint booth or building.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Previous aircraft structural or composite fabrication experience preferred..
Must be able but not limited to Drill close tolerance holes in composites, Tool indexing, Gap measurement.
Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, schematics, engineering dispositions and instructions.
Be safety conscious; employ the use of safety glasses, safety harnesses, respirators, boot socks, and other pertinent safety equipment 100% of the time.
Exhibit exemplary housekeeping and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) standards.
Maintain clean, neat, organized and FOD free work area.
Possess understanding and knowledge of basic computer systems and programs.
Ability to stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required.
Frequent overhead work may be required.
Frequent overtime may be required.
- Must be flexible and able to work independently.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.