LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Composite Technicians and Fabrication Specialists with aerospace structural experience for an opportunity at Salt Lake City, Utah.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Fabrication Specialist performs machine set-up, machining on machines such as hydraulic or CNC brake presses, 2 / 3 / 5 axis mills both CNC and manual, punch presses, shears, rollers, etc. and fabrication tasks such as buffing, deburing, and using general shop equipment.
- Performs machine set-up, machining, and fabrication tasks.
- Performs regular machine preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Performs composite lay-up, fabrication and assembly tasks.
- Prepares test articles, fixtures and data collection devices to perform various tests.
- Applies routine organic coatings for corrosion protection and appearance requirements.
- Works on articles of limited complexity following established drawings and requirements.
- Works on daily cleaning and area organization to ensure a clean and manageable work area.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Composite experience is preferred but not required.
- Aerospace experience is preferred but not required.
Ability to stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required.
Frequent overhead work may be required.
Frequent overtime may be required.
- Must be flexible and able to work independently.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.