Job Duties and Responsonsibilities:
- Set-up and operate conventional, CNC and special purpose machines (VTL machines experience REQUIRED), including machine centers to fabricate metallic and non-metallic parts.
- Fit and assemble machined parts into complete units, applying knowledge of machine shop theory, procedures, and shop mathematics and layout techniques.
- Read and interpret programs, edit programs, read blueprints, drawings, manual, specifications or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished part, sequence of operations and set-up requirements.
- Ability to use Standard Fanuc G&M codes and Fanuc controls.
- Measure, mark and scribe dimensions and reference points on material or part as guides for subsequent machining.
- Perform simple turning, boring and threading operations.
- Produce parts to airworthiness standards in an efficient manner
- Install repaired components into assemblies or sub-assemblies.
- May be required to perform other duties as company workload dictates.
- 2 years’ experience in this field or completion of a specialized course.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience setting up and operating CNC and Conventional equipment in a machine shop.
- Ability to apply shop mathematics and use handbook formulas.
- Working knowledge of applicable technical publications.
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment and machinist handbook.
- Ability to read blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances.
- Ability to perform advance set-ups and machining procedures and train machine tool operators in proper operations of such.
- Ability to perform frequent lifting, pushing and pulling of 30 – 50 lbs,
- Must read, speak, write, understand, and verbally express ideas and instructions using the English language.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with computerized machine controls.
- VTL machine experienc REQUIRED .
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.