LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Machinist for an opportunity in Windsor, CT
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produces machined parts setting up, and operating a manual and/or a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining safety and quality standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies. Machinist Job Duties:
- Plans machining by interpreting blueprints, materials, repair scope & specifications, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills, lathes, grinders by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, and fixtures; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Verifies settings; adheres to aerospace quality standards (site is ISO 9001 certified).
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, and, milling operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting controls, as required; replacing worn tools & inserts; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs through documented turnovers.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality travelers.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications and manuals.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School Diploma, GED equivalency and or Trade School graduate.
- Two years’ experience in this field or completion of a specialized course.
- Ability to apply shop mathematics and use handbook formulas.
- Working knowledge of applicable technical publications
- Ability to accurately interpret blueprints and/or work in-process documents.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.