TransTechs - Diesel Mechanic
Diesel Technician – San Jose, CA
Shift: 2:30-11:00 M-F
Pay: $26 – $35 per hour, depending on experinence
Diesel Technician Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete preventative maintenance of fleet diesel equipment.
- Complete minor repairs of fleet diesel equipment (tractors, trailers, refrigeration units).
- Complete thorough documentation for work orders of repairs and preventative maintenance through the online system.
- Ensure equipment has required licensing and registration prior to being deemed as “roadworthy”.
- Install, replace, and repair onboard computers (XRS or XataNet) and/or cameras (Drive Cam).
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Work in a safe manner, per company, local, state and federal policies and regulations.
- Train other employees.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Diesel Technician Required Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 1 year related experience.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must have own set of tools.
- Must have steal toe boots.
- Ability to work any schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to utilize an on board computer and desktop computer.
- Ability to frequently lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 50 pounds, occasionally lift, push and/or pull.
- Some travel may be required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- ASE Certifications preferred.
- Trade school diploma or certification preferred.
- Commercial Driver’s License preferred.