Component Repair Technician
Component Repair Technician
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Component Repair Technician for an opportunity in Savannah, GA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs disassembly, overhaul and repair of parts, components and subsystems for in-service aircraft applications that are moderately complex to complex, requiring experience and judgment to determine plans and action from several standard procedural alternatives.
- Adapts techniques and tools to meet special needs and serves as a technical resource to less experienced technicians.
- Reads and interprets manufacturers’ and airline’s maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Reads and interprets plans, blueprints, sketches, Engineering Orders or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of removal, repair, replacement and installation of parts and components of mechanical aircraft subsystems.
- Disassembles and inspects parts for wear, warping, or other defects.
- Repairs, replaces, and rebuilds aircraft operational mechanical systems, components and structures including rigging and plumbing.
- Lays out and marks dimensions and reference lines on material to develop or back drill hole patterns for access doors, installation or replacement of sheet metal parts or other like applications. Trims to fit, file, grinds, deburrs, buffs, and smoothes surfaces.
- Bolts, rivets, screws, clips, seal, or bonds component parts to assemble products. Installs assemblies in supportive framework according to blueprints. Inspects assemblies and installation for conformance to specifications.
- Ability to read drawings and use hand tools required for repairs.
- Maintain and utilize all required paperwork in accordance with FAA RS requirements.
Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
Comply with all company and legislative environmental health and safety regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- HS diploma/GED. Able to interpret blueprints, engrg docs and use precision measuring tools.
- Proficient operation of all tools/equip in the dept incl glass bead & carboblast machines.
- Must possess basic understanding of shop math.
- 2 years experience in one of the following or other related experience: Sheetmetal, hydraulic overhaul, electrical/electronic harness buildup, electrical systems troubleshooting, battery servicing, APU removal, installation, and servicing.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.