LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Composite Technician with aircraft composite repair experience for an opportunity in Savannah, Georgia.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Under little or no supervision, perform one or more of the following composite part manufacturing functions: complex lay-up, cutting, bagging, autoclave, trimming, and/or complex repairs, in a production environment. Function as a team member and assist in providing technical direction to other team members. Possess the ability to organize and perform new job tasks with a working knowledge of other parts and part numbers. Establish priorities and assist in the development of work schedules. Must be proficient at directing and monitoring the work of team members. Willing to perform the job functions of a team leader in their absence.
- In a team oriented work environment, manufacture a wide variety of composite aircraft parts to meet manufacturing specifications. Possess the ability to perform close tolerance work.
- Must demonstrate leadership ability and possess good communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to plan, organize, execute, and obtain objectives with minimal direction.
- Demonstrate the ability to meet the requirements of the manufacturing competencies at the appropriate level in the Employee Effectiveness Review.
- Proficient at reading work orders, blueprints, GAC specifications, lofts, sketches and operation sheets to determine sequence of operations.
- Must be proficient in the use of special tools and equipment to include precision measuring devices such as 6″ scale, 1″ micrometer, 6″ dial caliper.
- Check all work and ensure a defect free assembly prior to inspection.
- Maintain and use all logs and records. Example: MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs, DR/DI, etc.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, support the company FOD and 5S programs, and comply with all safety regulations.
- Adapt to sudden schedule changes.
- Coordinate with other disciplines concerning projects.
- Support lean activities as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School graduate/GED.
- Five (5) years aerospace/aviation composites experience.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing procedures and specifications, plant safety, tooling, and quality requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshooting manufacturing processes.
- Must be able to use basic mathematical formulas to solve dimensional problems.
- Good working knowledge of computers and related software
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small-space restricted areas and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.