LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer with Manufacturing Planning experience for an opportunity in Savannah, Georgia.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under minimal supervision, independently prepare, conduct, and evaluate analyses for planning improvements and problem solving for manufacturing issues (production methods and procedures) in a specific function (including layout, production flow, tooling and production equipment, material fabrication, assembly methods and planning) in a Production or Post-Production environment.
- Perform technical studies of a complex nature, conduct analysis of operations (existing or proposed).
- Prepare a report of recommendations for equipment needed and correct methods of manufacturing (including sequence of operations and detailed methodology of complex assemblies and installations as well as detail components).
- Author detailed work instructions that optimize manufacturing process efficiency and opportunity for zero defects with functional Operations Engineer.
- Author DRDI/DMT rework instructions to support effective corrective actions.
- Author MBOM in SAP/Solumina/Corridor (as applicable) to ensure all parts defined by Engineering are installed during the assembly/installation process.
- Assist in make-or-buy proposals and recommend corrective actions for areas of responsibility; evaluate vendors, attend vendor negotiations, and assist in resolving vendor problems.
- Conduct research, investigation, and analysis in connection with assigned planning or other assigned projects, to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Investigate and assist in preparing justification for equipment and facility requests.
- Perform productibility studies from engineering drawings to identify opportunities to enhance manufacturing ability to meet requirements. Participate in Design for Manufacturing assessments with Engineering.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential; make necessary computer inputs and generate data or reports as needed.
- Perform audit of co-workers output based on defined requirements and procedures. Must demonstrate knowledge of ME policies and procedures.
- Incorporate Lean Manufacturing Methodology into existing and future processes.
- With minimal supervision, lead/coordinate the implementation of projects between multiple organizations.
- Apply Lean and Six Sigma principles to manufacturing methods as a team member or leader.
- Support all Safety, Sustainability and Ergonomic Initiatives.
- Aid in development and maintenance of Business Continuity Plan.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Required Experience with ERP or Manufacturing Planning Software and Microsoft Office Software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Eighteen months Manufacturing Engineering, planning, or related technical experience.
- Proven knowledge of Lean and/or Six Sigma principles.
- Must be knowledgeable about Engineering configuration requirements, tooling, quality control, plant safety, blueprint reading, and shop math.
- Ability to operate computerized equipment, such as personal computers, CADAM, CATIA, Solumina, SAP, Corridor.
- Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification or higher preferred.
- Three (3) years aerospace/aviation experience or equivalent mechanical experience such as auto mechanics, heavy equipment, etc.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.