NDT Technician I
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an NDT Technician with MAUS-V, Phase Array, and automated C-scan operation experience for an opportunity in Savannah, Georgia.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs non-destructive tests (NDT) and determines product acceptability to the authorized limits of the NDT level obtained in accordance with prescribed methods and procedures.
- Records, organizes and evaluates test results and enter results into applicable documents.
- Ensures compliance to all radiation safety rules and regulations and provides protection to self and others during testing.
- Maintains equipment and assures calibration for tests to be performed.
- Maintains inventory control of area equipment.
- Works with and assists other NDT Technicians as required.
- Coordinates NDT inspection workload according to priorities, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Provides technical assistance to subordinate level NDT technicians.
- Performs process control on area inspection equipment.
- Performs exposure room interlock safety checks, establishes radiation safety barriers, zeros pocket dosimeters, operates radiation survey meters and completes applicable survey logs and forms.
- Performs automated ultrasonic C-scan inspection of composite parts.
- Must be available to work any shift.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 3 years related technical experience required.
- 1 year NDT experience on determining product acceptability required.
- Proficiency in blueprint reading/interpretation and shop mathematics required.
- MAUS-V, Phase Array, automated C-scan operation experience preferred.
- NDT Level II Certification in two (2) disciplines required.
- Documentation is required to meet the training and experience hours.
- ASQ Certificate (Society for Quality) preferred.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.