LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Source Inspector for an opportunity in Seattle, WA
Source Inspector assures manufactured part meets AS9100 requirements, utilizing clients QMS. Oversee the quality of manufactured parts by following a part-specific set of work instructions, defined by Quality Engineering in conjunction with customer drawings and specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Determines adherence to engineering and customer specifications, department procedures, and quality standards
- Inspect parts using hand held M&TE and visual techniques.
- Use sample parts in comparison to current manufacturing orders.
- Understand work orders and work instructions, as well as verbal instruction.
- Understanding of lot sampling.
- Accept / Reject parts based on quality plans.
- Process parts physically and electronically using Vaupell software – Generate NCRs for discrepant parts.
- Create inspection records to validate QA procedures.
- Perform First Part buy-offs and in process inspections on Molding floor.
- Assist with internal audits of cells to ensure adherence to quality procedures.
- Creation and storage of new QA part samples
- Inspection of purchased goods – Receiving inspection (QRI)
- Assist in First Article Inspection (FAI)
- Assist in training of new team members to the quality values and standards
- Suggests improvements to QA processes to QA3 and above.
- Experience with AS9100 procedures
- Experience with First Article Inspection (FAI)
- Ability to read aerospace drawings, blueprints and specifications.
- Dimensional Inspection experience is required
- MRB experience preferred
- High School education or equivalent – Basic Math, problem solving & computer skills.
- Basic understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- 3 years of relevant work experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.