LAUNCH TransTechs is seeking a Diesel Technicians to perform basic routine preventative maintenance on tractors and trailers in Shippensburg, PA.
Shift: Wed – Sat 2:30PM – 1AM
Pay: $17.00 – $25.00 per hour depending on experience, plus a shift differential
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Diagnosing and repairing most transmission, engine, electrical, suspension, driveline, HVAC, brakes and air systems.
- Repair/Replace bolt on body parts such as hoods and cab extenders.
- Perform DOT inspections as outlined and accurately complete DOT forms and all other forms of documentation in a timely fashion.
- Perform open seat inspections to prepare tractor for next driver.
- Perform 90-day lease operator inspections.
- Capable of using all diagnostic equipment and resources.
- Drive trucks in and out of the shop before and after repairs.
- Clean and maintain work area on a daily basis.
- Perform basic or minor repairs and inspections on brakes, tires, wiring etc.
- Perform basic and routine preventative maintenance on tractors and trailers.
- Check vehicle fluids; transmission, oil, windshield wiper, antifreeze, etc.
- Any other duties to support operations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years of tractor experience required.
- The equivalent of a High school diploma or GED.
- Must provide own hand tools.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving background.
- Must be able to move equipment in and out of the shop.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.