LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Avionics Technicians with general aviation industry experience for an opportunity in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Avionic Technicians are responsible for functional testing, repair/maintenance and inspection of aircraft electrical and avionics systems. This can include but is not limited to radar, lighting, radio, entertainmentand navigational systems.
- Adjust, repair, or replace malfunctioning components or assemblies using hand tools and or soldering irons
- Assemble components such as switches, electrical controls, and junction boxes
- Connect components to assemblies such as radio systems, instruments, magnetos, inverters and in-flight refueling systems
- Install electrical and electronic components, assemblies and systems in aircraft
- Interpret flight test data to diagnose malfunctions and systemic performance issues
- Lay out installation of aircraft assemblies and systems following documentation such as blueprints, manuals and wiring diagrams
- Test and troubleshoot instruments, components and assemblies using circuit testers, oscilloscopes and voltmeters to determine performance and airworthiness
- Maintain timely and accurate records of regular maintenance and repairs
- Complies with company policy and procedures as contained in company manual
- Coordinate work with that of engineers, technicians and other aircraft maintenance personnel to ensure the delivery of the aircraft on time to the customer.
Qualifications and requirements:
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant license preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years avionics experience in general aviation and/or corporate aircraft. Military avionics experience also accepted.
- License issued by the Federal Communications Commission for restricted radio-telephone operator (may be obtained upon hire)
- Excellent communications skills using the English language
- Overtime will be required as needed to ensure delivery of service on time
- Please note that this is a safety sensitive positon which requires CHRC clearance and DATP enrollment in accordance with the FAA Code of Federal Regulations
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Must maintain a valid state driver’s license
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.