LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking experienced Aviation Upholsterers for an opportunity in Springfield, Illinois.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Upholsterer IV is responsible for using sound judgment and technical aptitude when making repairs, modifications or installations.
- Customers are present on site at the hangar facilities. Therefore, professionalism in appearance and communication skills are required in order to create a positive and lasting professional relationship.
- The Upholsterer IV also has a responsibility to help insure productivity goals (flat rate labor hours and/or time & materials charges) are met while keeping in mind F.A.A. regulations and StandardAero quality standards.
- Plans and develops lay-outs for upholstery construction and installation by utilizing blueprints, sketches, service bulletins, OEM or government specifications, engineering orders or other technical publications.
- Cuts, trims, fits, sews, and adheres fabrics to furniture and interior surfaces in a manner which is within specifications and is pleasing to the customer (chairs, divans, headliners, side-panels, engine and propeller covers, decorative trim, drapery, etc.)
- Strips fabric from aircraft interiors and surfaces to prepare for remodeling and recovering.
- Cuts perform foam rubber, covers it with sheeting or fabric covers.
- Trim, cut and install carpeting by use of patterns.
- Takes the lead in hand-forming wet or dry leather to divans and chairs and in utilizing heat to form vinyl materials.
- Coaches and oversees the activities of Upholsterer I, II and III Positions.
- Selects and procures materials, equipment and tooling required to perform the work.
- Document all work accomplished (a.k.a. “sign-off”) in a clear, concise and accurate manner. Accomplish Service Bulletins, Repair Letters, and Airworthiness Directive as required. Reads and interprets maintenance manual procedures, blueprints, technical manuals, and schematic diagrams when required.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting and continuously improving company practices and procedures.
- Complies with all safety practices and participates in facility general housekeeping efforts.
- May perform other duties as required by the Department.
Qualifications and requirements:
Prior Seat Upholstery experience in the aviation industry, minimum of five (5) years.
Must be proficient in cutting, sewing, stretching, and cementing a variety of natural and synthetic fabrics.
Must have proven technical aptitude.
Must have proven experience using a variety of hand power tools, including the ability to set-up and operate sewing machines
High School degree required or GED equivalent.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds, walk, bend, stretch, and climb ladders.
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Must be able to work in confined places.
Must be able to see to disassemble and visually inspect.
Must have the ability to manipulate equipment of all sizes, tools, computer keyboards, and telephones.
Must have excellent hand-to-eye coordination.
Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with employees.
Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Must be willing to work any shift
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested)
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.