Diesel Shop Supervisor
LAUNCH TransTechs is seeking a Diesel Shop Supervisor to execute directives as set forth by the Maintenance Department and Maintenance Manager to guarantee safe and timely repairs to equipment in the shop for P.M. or repair. Supervise activities of shop employees to provide efficiency and productivity and safety. Troubleshoot, service, and repair tractors, trailers andrelated mechanical components.
Shift: Sun – Thurs 4:30PM – 2:30AM
Pay: $48K – $61K, depending on experience
Diesel Shop Supervisor Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creates and maintains a safe and efficient work environment.
- Assigns jobs to technicians and follows up on progress and provides assistance when necessary.
- Reviews Repair Orders for accuracy and completeness.
- Troubleshoots, tests, cleans and adjusts parts or assemblies, use various instruments to make sure they are working properly.
- Inspects vehicles for roadworthiness, list any work required.
- Responsible for floor level operations of the shop.
- Accounts for all employees time.
- Assists the maintenance manager with employee scheduling, productivity reviews and daily operation of the shop.
- Assists manager with repair coordination, OSHA compliance, data entryandwarranty work as needed.
- Assists with managing trade equipment and new equipment in service.
- Responsible for equipment inventory at off-site vendor and shop locations.
- Responsible for driver orientation.
- Responsible for functions at the fuel island.
- Performs daily fleet inspections.
- Assists manager with trade equipment tracking and quality control.
- Ensures inspection of reseated trucks.
- Meets with staff to ensure consistency with company policy and procedure and other issue resolutions.
- Assist with training of shop employees.
Diesel Shop Supervisor Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 4 years inthe shopor with trucks required.
- Experience in the transportation industry a plus.
- Able to work with hands tools
- Problem-solving skills
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must have steel toe boots.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose component problems.
- Understands all maintenance sections of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Qualified inspector of Equipment Annual Inspection as defined under FHWA 396.12.
- Qualified Brake Inspector as defined under FHWA 396.25.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.