LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Manufacturing Engineers with knowledge of conventional aerospace manufacturing methods for an opportunity in Stockton, California.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
We are seeking a full time experienced manufacturing engineer who can provide support with experience in: 1) Design and implementation of manufacturing and repair processes. 2) Ability to develop work instructions, routing including bill of materials. 3) Must be able to coordinate and support managers in all phases of projects from beginning to end, ensuring compliance to customer, industrial and internal standards. 4) Support and lead actions for implementing cost reduction project and assures appropriate level of documentation detail including sound justifications for capital improvements. 5) Actively participate in Operational Excellence initiatives, leading efforts to improve processes consistent with lean manufacturing philosophy.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum BS degree or 10 years work experience in aviation/aerospace related field
- Knowledge of conventional aerospace manufacturing methods, including; milling, turning, grinding, lapping stamping, forging casting, molding, EDM, ECM, welding, brazing, heat treating, etc.
- Experience with standard drawing convention and GD&T
- Knowledge of aircraft engine components, controls & accessories
- Knowledge of aerospace industry (design, MRO)
- Preparing First Article Part Packages for Tech Services approval
- Guarantees product and process quality by designing testing systems; testing finished product and process proficiencies establishing standards; endorsing manufacturing processes
- Ability to effectively and efficiently prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Read, write, communicate and/or follow written and verbal English language
- Attention to detail
- Readiness to take on responsibilities and tasks within or outside the scope of the job description of necessary
- Tolerant of criticism and capacity to deal evenly and successfully with demanding situations
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by studying and forecasting work flow, space requirements and equipment layout
- Accountable for integrating process enhancements.
- Experience in manufacturing a plus
- Proficient with English language to interpret and follow various technical data.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.