LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Technical Writers with a Technical Degree or equivalent commercial or military aviation work experience for an opportunity in Stockton, California.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Sr. VP of ATOMS/Pricing/Marketing, the Technical Writer Is responsible for writing and processing technical documents for Aero Turbine. Supports Source Approval Package development/submittal.
- Organize material and complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology;
- Maintain records and files or work and revisions;
- Edit, standardize or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel;
- Confer with customer representatives, vendors, company executives or publisher to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication;
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content and methods of reproduction and binding;
- Select photographs, drawing, sketches, diagrams and charts to illustrate materials;
- Study drawings, specifications mockups and product samples to integrate and delineate technology operating procedure and production sequence and detail;
- Interview production and engineering personnel and read journals and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods;
- Observe production developmental and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail;
- Arrange for typing duplication and distribution of material;
- Assist in laying out material for publication;
- Analyze developments in specific field to determine need for revisions in previously published materials and development of new materials;
- Review manufacturer’s and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to
operation, maintenance and service of equipment;
- Draw sketches to illustrate specified materials or assembly sequence.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 1+ years in relative work experience
- Technical Degree or equivalent commercial or military aviation work experience
- Ability to interpret engineering documents including maintenance manuals, wiring and schematic diagrams
- Proven success record of working several projects simultaneously under tight schedules and ability to meet short and long term deadlines
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- A&P License preferred
- Knowledge of SGML or XML authoring and delivery preferred
- Previous airline or military technical writing experience preferred
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree preferred in Engineering, Technical Writing, Aviation Management or Communications
Must be able to read/write English.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.