Aircraft Welder / Thermal Spray Tech
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Aircraft Welder / Thermal Spray Techs with industrial weld/thermal spray experience for an opportunity in Stockton, California.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Aircraft Welder/Thermal Spray Technician is responsible for using TIG and GTAW welding techniques to weld various components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Performing any combination of duties to assist in welding, brazing, and thermal and arc spraying.
- Moving work pieces, tools, and supplies, manually or by hand truck.
- Lifting, moving, and holding or clamping work pieces to table, into jigs, or into position manually or by using pry bar.
- Bench, peen, roll, forge, stretch/shrink to restore dimensional sand structural integrity on various engine hardware.
- Use file, bench grinders, hand grinders, etc., to perform welding preparation, defect removal and manual dimensional restoration.
- Perform layout, set-up and weld on a variety of aircraft engine component parts and assemblies.
- Use argon chambers and gas back-ups.
- Manually applies filler rod to supply weld metal.
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions
- Follow written technical plans and instructions to apply thermal spray coatings.
- Proficient with the use of coating processes utilizing Plasma/Thermal/Flame Spray equipment.
- Operate surface prep equipment to clean and prepare the surface of materials and components.
- Set up and operate various types of manual, semi-automatic and/or robotic spray systems to apply coatings to parts.
- Sets bake/cure oven controls for correct temperature and records time on process charts.
- Cleans and maintains spray/coating equipment, fixtures and blast cabinets.
- Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
- Ability to cross train in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
- Move between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
- Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
- Operator prepares necessary documents and confirms quality of own work using inspection tools in accordance with product specifications, drawings, and work instructions.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 2+ years verifiable industrial weld/thermal spray experience
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to work in area where there is moderate noise intensity
- Ability and willingness to work in an area where due to normal machining operations there may be dust, fumes or smoke (not over OSHA Permissible Exposure Levels)
- Ability to have a flexible schedule.
- Proficiency in the fabrication of heat sinks and related items for performing individual weld operations.
- GTAW or equivalent schooling for GTAW certificates.
- Must be able to certify for Nadcap and GTAW requirements within 45 days after placement and complete timely periodic certifications thereafter.
- Must be able to read/write English.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.