LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is looking for dynamic candidates who are able to lead and inspire employees to reach goals and objectives while maintaining on time delivery and customer satisfaction. This position will report to the Production Supervisor.
Responsible for staffing, leading, and directing a team of employees in the manufacturing of aircraft interior products. Maintain established standard of quality while meeting production schedules and controlling costs. Implement Lean Manufacturing principals and concepts. Monitor production levels and productivity and establish work center relevant metrics and reports. Provide direction to staff and redirect labor as necessary. Coordinate between day shift and night shift to ensure product flow and on time deliveries.
- Provide strong, decisive leadership to employees through clear, consistent communication and expectations
- Screen, interview, hire, train, conduct performance appraisals, coach, counsel, and discipline employees as necessary
- Ensure system transactions accurately reflect the flow of product through the department
- Inspect products to verify conformance to specifications and quality, and direct setup and adjustments of machines
- Study production schedules and estimate labor hour requirements for completion of job assignment
- Interpret and enforce company policies to employees
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders to employees, and assigns duties as required
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules
- Recommend lean measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist employees in solving work problems
- Initiate or suggest plans to motivate employees to achieve work goals
- Maintain employee attendance records and establish metrics as related to production or department performance
- Confer with other supervisors and/or managers to coordinate activities of individual departments
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are a representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret aerospace blueprints, plans and specifications
- Ability to read and write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of MRP system strongly desired
Education and/or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.