Solar Panel Assembler
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Component Technicians with aerospace avionics experience for an opportunity in Mesa, Arizona
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs a variety of technical manufacturing production assembly operations where accurate visual acuity and manual dexterity are required to fabricate production solar cell assemblies and solar panels for space applications.
- Perform hand soldering, wire harness assembly and component bonding
- Complete administrative functions relating to accurate documentation
- Operates tools and equipment such as wire strippers, crimpers, solder iron, wire identification and associated tools
- Adheres to established company policies and procedures, paying special attention to safety regulations
- Demonstrated experience using a computer to look up and record information (Excel)
- This position requires the ability to work first or second shift
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and work instructions
- Familiar with soldering, wire harness assembly and component bonding
Qualifications and requirements:
- Prefer At least 2 – 3 years recent experience with mechanical, electrical/avionics, sheet metal or composites on aircraft systems.
- Certified in the following:
– Polymeric Application (NASA-STD-8739.1A)
– Soldering (NASA-STD-8739.3)
– Crimp & Wire Routing (NASA-STD-8739.4)
- Experience in electronics and electro-mechanical assemblies
- Experience in manufacturing assembly related work
- Trade skills training or manufacturing experience
- Familiar with Microsoft Applications
- Familiarity with solar cell and solar panel manufacturing processes
- Experience reading detailed assembly drawings and understanding the basics of geometrical dimensioning and tolerance (GDT)
- Knowledge of Lean Mfg. ISO9001 and AS9100 concepts and practices
Be safety conscious; employ the use of safety glasses, safety harnesses, respirators, boot socks, and other pertinent safety equipment 100% of the time.
Exhibit exemplary housekeeping and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) standards.
Maintain clean, neat, organized and FOD free work area.
Possess understanding and knowledge of basic computer systems and programs.
Ability to stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required.
Frequent overhead work may be required.
Frequent overtime may be required.
- Must be flexible and able to work independently.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.