Diesel Technician 3rd Shift
LAUNCH TransTechs is seeking a Diesel Mechanic for minor repair work on a diesel powered tractors and trailers in the Taylor, MI area.
Shift: 6pm-6:30am (TH/FRI/SAT-Get paid for 40 hrs.)
Pay: $18-$21 per hour, depending on experience
Diesel Mechanic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preventative Maintenance (PM’s), Electrical, Suspension, Airbrake, Diagnostic and Repair skills.
- Perform basic tractor / trailer general maintenance and repairs, including, but not limited to welding.
- May need to drive tractor / trailer in/out of the shop or through facility parking lot.
- Weld when necessary: arc welding, MIG and alum welding.
- Program and record assigned maintenance/repair tasks.
- Other duties as required to support operations.
Diesel Mechanic Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, spending time bending, climbing and stooping.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or GED and 1+ year of Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic experience.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Must have own set of tools.
- Must have own steel toe boots.
- CDL with endorsements a plus.
- Pneumatic/Tanker experience a plus.
- Proficient with Arc Welder, MIG, and Alum Welding.
- Veterans are encouraged to apply particularly with the following MOS: 91A, 91B, 91D, 91H, 91L, 91M, 91P, 91S, 91X, 91Z.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.