CNC Machine Operator
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a CNC Machinist for an opportunity in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Applies advanced technical skills and knowledge to program and operate multi-purpose numerically controlled machines to perform defined combinations of machining operations.
- Performs tasks that are moderate to complex requiring experience and judgment to complete.
- Reviews setup sheets and specifications to determine setup procedure, machining sequence, and dimensions of finished work piece. Attaches fixture to machine bed and positions and secures work piece in fixture according to setup instructions.
- Assembles cutting tools in tool holders and positions tool holders in machine spindles as specified or inserts cutting tools in specified machine magazines.
- Enters commands to retrieve pre-programmed machine instructions from database and machine control console.
- Operates controls and enters commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and start machine. Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Changes cutting tools and location of work piece during machining process as specified in setup instructions. Measures work piece for conformance to specifications.
- Adjusts machine feed and speed, changes cutters to machine parts according to specifications when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
- Sets up and operates the machine to produce parts. Observes operation of machine on trial run to prove taped or programmed instructions.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 4+ years of CNC machining experience
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.