LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a CNC Operator with 5-Axis Machine – Water Jet, ONSRUD, and Thermwood Controllers experience, also with strong FANUC capabilities, for an opportunity in Tulsa, OK.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets up and operates automated machines, CNC routers and related equipment to trim parts, details and assemblies per computerized models according to established manufacturing specifications.
- Downloads part program files to set up machine for trimming/milling operations.
- Tests and verifies NCM programs to ensure geometries and settings prior to operation.
- Reads and interprets Route Cards, GAMPs, DMTs and Solumina work orders to determine specific operations and specifications.
- Selects parts and assemblies for sequential operation per schedule and machine capacity.
- Arranges tooling fixtures for strategic loading by using equipment such as a hoist, forklift or elevated table, etc.
- Performs inspection of tooling and machinery to ensure mechanical integrity and proper function.
- Identifies and maintains acceptable levels of inventory of consumable items required. for continued operation of machinery.
- Adjusts manual controls and/or enters commands into CNC operating system to regulate feeds, speeds and cutting rates.
- Monitors instruments, controls and listens for warning signals during operation to ensure conformance to specifications; modifies or aborts process as required.
- Records data and maintains records as required. by applicable GAMPS.
- Inspects parts to ensure conformity and compliance with blueprints or Catia model.
- Removes completed part, properly cleans and stores final product in designated location.
- Suggests methods or procedures for improved operations to supervision or liaison personnel.
- Discusses setup, loading, unloading, and operation of equipment with other operators and workers to ensure safety of individuals working in and around the work area. 17. Instructs and assists other team members in interpretation of Route Cards, GAMPS or DR/DIs and develops methods and shop aids to resolve difficulties and problems.
- Plans and organizes workloads and resource requirements to meet or exceed goal hours and schedule expectations.
- Provides oversight of repairs, validates effectiveness of repairs, and advises management of issues.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must possess and use a Q-Stamp or equivalent stamp to include all approved processes associated with CNC operations. New hires will be required. to obtain a stamp and related certification within 6 months.
- Must possess a strong general knowledge of computers, operational software systems and precision measuring instruments.
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints and computerized Catia models.
- Must have strong operational understanding of overhead cranes, forklifts and all other tools and equipment required. to perform the job.
- Must have strong ability to read, comprehend and implement Gulfstream manufacturing procedures and the mathematical ability to calculate and determine machine parameters and settings.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to work any shift as required.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.