Aircraft Paint Prep Trainee
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking eager painter candidates for an entry level opportunity in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The A/C Prep Trainee works along side higher level employees to assist with the preparation and painting of aircraft.
- Assists in the preparation of the exterior surfaces of aircraft for application of primer and topcoat.
- Use various masking materials to protect windows, external probes, antennas, and other required areas.
- Sand and wash the aircraft surface as directed.
- Assist with and applies corrosion preventative materials to the aircraft.
- Apply primer and sanding surfacer to aircraft.
- Uses tools to sand primer and sanding surfacer in preparation for base coat.
- Comply with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Use personal protective equipment as required. Use (PTP) to ensure aircraft interior is protected.
- Properly care for shop equipment and tools as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Able to pass Pulmonary Function Test to obtain respirator certification.
- Ability to use tools, equipment, and materials in the aircraft painting process.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, perform close tolerance work, work in small spaces, and able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Experience may be offset by completion of Technical Certificate in paint and refinishing and/or successful completion in current year youth apprenticeship program sponsored by Gulfstream, in area of expertise.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.