Diesel Mechanic Qualified
LAUNCH TransTechs is a seeking diesel mechanic to perform intermediate level repair and maintenance of company tractors, trailers, and equipment through proper diagnostics, troubleshooting, and use of tools with minimum assistance.
Shift: Shop Hours 7 AM to 7 PM Monday through Sunday.
Pay: $22.00 – $30.50 per hour, depending on experience
- Holiday pay
- PTO paid
Diesel Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections as specified, using mechanics’ hand tools and variety of shop equipment, which may include refrigeration, hydraulic jacks or hoists, welding and air pressure equipment.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and perform mechanical repairs and adjustments: lift-gate, PTO, emissions, air conditioning/heating, cab, brakes, frame, steering, suspension, tires, drive train, electrical system, engine system, trailer, refrigeration, cryogenic trailers and pumping equipment, live floor trailers, and other components which may need repair with minimal assistance.
- Complete work orders, charge parts, time cards, and other required documents using computer, manuals, parts book, and maintenance codes.
- Wash equipment as needed.
- Drive service vehicle to pick up parts from outside vendors and respond to road calls, based on the operational needs per location.
- Attend all safety required meetings and perform all work as per OSHA, State and Federal guide lines.
- May assist in communication with outside vendors, customers and management to ensure proper work flow, sourcing of outside parts/labor estimates, and status of units within the shop.
- Use and understand service manuals (paper and on-line) for reference, procedures, wiring schematics and torque specs.
- Use diagnostic computer or read and clear fault codes to diagnose and make efficient repairs following troubleshooting trees.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements For A Qualified Diesel Mechanic:
- Must have own tools.
- Must have steel toe boots.
- Must be able to pass CRIM & DMV Checks.
- CDL, preferred but not required.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or GED and 1-year minimum full-time experience in a commercial or fleet maintenance and repair shop.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) heavy truck series certifications including ASE Master Truck Technician status a huge plus!
- DOT brake certification and DOT Inspections experience a plus!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.