Light Medium Heavy Duty Technicians
Light, Medium/Heavy Truck Technician
LAUNCH TransTechs is seeking Skilled Light/Medium/Heavy Truck Technicians to perform diagnostics and repairs on diesel trucks, who has previously worked as a B Class general service technician.
Shift: 1st shift, flexible hours. Shop is open 7am to 6 pm Mon. – Fri. and 8 am – 12 pm on Sat.
Pay: up to $35 per hour, depending on experience
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses cause of any malfunction and performs the repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examines the assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor if additional work may or may not be needed, or if the repair cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles when required or refers to the test technician.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisors.
- Ensures that customers’ cars are kept clean. Notifies service advisor of anything that has changed the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as they were received.
- Comply with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
- Other duties may be assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Equivalent of High School Diploma or GED and 2+ year’s heavy-duty diesel mechanic experience.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, spending time bending, climbing and stooping.
- Must have own set tools.
- Must have own steel toe boots.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.