LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Machinist with experience running a CNC Mill for an opportunity in Wichita, Kansas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities Install, train and provide technical knowledge and troubleshooting on all company machining centers.
- Provide a communication link between maintenance department and equipment manufacturers.
- Create and develop procedural documentation for preventative maintenance and machine service.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Check coolant and oil in CNC machines and add as needed.
- Document coolant and oil percentages during checks.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 2 Year Technical degree (Electrical/Automation) and 2 or more years’ experience in a related field (desired), or similar mechanical skills/experience (a co-op, internship or job in a manufacturing environment), and a stable work history.
- Educational knowledge of electronics is a must.
- Previous Electrical Discharge Machining experience is preferred but not required.
- Must have good electro-mechanical skills (motors, drives, transformers).
- Knowledge of a specialized field such as machine tool manufacture, installation, operation, maintenance and repair, and/or a broad shop background.
- Technical knowledge and logical troubleshooting across team product line.
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills.
- Rational decision making and problem solving ability.
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to consistently run good parts that meet production standards.
- Strong skills and aptitude in math.
- Ability to perform basic functions with MS Windows-based computer operating systems, such as opening and closing files.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.