Numerical Control Programmer
Numerical Control Programmer
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Numerical Control Programmer for an opportunity in Wichita, Kansas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Be able to provide numerical control and programming technical expertise to cross-functional engineering and manufacturing teams. Capable of establishing technical requirements for manufacturing and producibility for manufactured parts. Plan, create, verify, and revise machine control data and documentation that directs the operations for numerically controlled machines and robots required to manufacture and inspect parts, tools and assemblies. Plan and guide the development and integration of new machining techniques and manufacturing methods, processes, and software.
- Writes and/or modifies NC programs and instruction sheets for Automated Fiber Placement (AFP) parts.
- Coordinates program start-ups for manufacturing and assists in design build teams.
- Monitors performance of program after implementation, making adjustments as needed.
- Evaluates requests for new or modified programs to determine feasibility, cost, and time estimates.
- Analyzes, reviews, and recommends modifications to existing programs to increase operating efficiency, reduce costs, improve processes, and/or adapt to new or changing requirements.
- Close interaction with personnel responsible for fixture design, inspection equipment programming, machinists and methods
- Working safely every day and supporting efforts to maintain an injury free work place.
Qualifications and requirements:
US Citizenship Required for Department of Defense (DoD) purposes
NC Programmer requires more than 3 years hands-on experience using CATIA v. 5 or NX CAM in programming AFP equipment in the manufacture of composite parts for the aerospace industry
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints/specifications, purchase orders, tooling concepts, manufacturing processes, technical procedures, operating instructions, etc.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Preferred Associates Degree in Science, Mathematics, or Technologye
Microsoft Office experience
Good Communication/Teaming Skills
SAP is helpful but not needed
- Must pass background check and drug test.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.