Repair Station Technician
Repair Station Technician
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Repair Station Technicians with experience performing work on B777 aircraft for an opportunity in Wichita, KS.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates technical expertise in fabricating assemblies, reworks and repairs nonmetallic parts, assemblies and aircraft applying knowledge of working characteristics of nonmetallic materials and bonding techniques.
- Performs rework/repair in keeping with the engineering intent through use of electronic media (work instructions, model-based definitions,specifications, requirements documents, Engineering dispositions, etc.).
- Verifies dimensions of parts using both mechanical and electronic precision measurement tools.
- Able to capture, translate, validate or provide measurement data to meet engineering intent and top-level requirements including the following:a) Maintain required personal certifications.b) Perform complete inspection, including first part review, of procured or fabricated parts and assemblies.c) Initiate and document any non-conforming condition for Repair Station engineering.d) Perform process surveillance to assure compliance with requirements.e) Prepare and maintain quality records.
- Coordinate with engineering and other disciplines in the determination and development of materials, processes, specifications,and related documents to be use in the fabrication, rework, and repair or change incorporation of nonmetallic parts, tools, assemblies and equipment.
- Operate impregnating, perforating, cutting, roll form, press and curing machines, and testing equipment in the fabrication of composite materials and core details in accordance with established processes and procedures.
- Load, unload and operate ovens and autoclaves in the curing of parts and assemblies.
- Operate portable repair/bonding equipment to accomplish rework,repair or change incorporation on completed assemblies.
- Disassemble and prepare assemblies to accomplish rework, repair or change incorporation on completed assemblies.10.
- Experience in taper sanding composite structures.
- Proficient in core repair and composite ply layup.
- Place vacuum and pressure bags over and inside wrapped parts and tools, and test for leaks.13. Cut fabrics and composite materials to size using knives, shears,automated material cutters etc.
- Hand and machine finish parts to required tolerances and fit into completed assemblies.
- Drill, saw, file, sand, pot, patch, build up, trim, fit and rivet parts to meet repair manual / repair instruction requirements.
- Sand, polish molds and/or bond assembly tools to obtain smooth surfaces.
- Load, unload and operate ovens in the curing of parts and assemblies.
- Apply parting agents to molds and bond assembly tools.
- Mix and apply bonding adhesives to details and assemblies using films, spray, pour coating, roller coating and robotics equipment.
- Spray or brush primer and final finish application.
- Provide high-level technical support and leadership relative to assembly and installation.
- Operate co-ordinate measuring systems.
- Within the scope of the job description, perform within established quality, cost and schedule requirements for assigned product line.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 3+ years of assembly experience
Must have structural riveting, sealing and wiring experience.
- Must be flexible and able to work independently.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.