Field Service Technician
Field Service Technician
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Field Service Engine Mechanics with turbofan repair experience for an opportunity in Williamson, NY and Battleboro, VT
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will be traveling for up to 10-14 days consistently at a time during their busy season (spring and fall months)
- Resources that are hired will be shared between both the Williamson, NY and the Battleboro, VT offices but Williamson will be their primarily work base .
- Resources may be asked to support the Vermont office which could be up to 6 weeks on the road consistently
- Will be eligible to bill expenses (rental car, lodging, mileage, etc.) through the Fieldglass system
- Must be willing to travel at a days’ notice
- Must be willing to work an overnight shift and work a couple weeks straight without a day off
- Manager suggests using per diem to pay resources as they will be traveling a lot
- Resource must be willing to jump right in and be hands on with their learning
- Must be open with background check as additional internal checks will be run once they are onsite depending on RR customer specific requirements
- When resources are working in the office, they will be working with 4-5 other technicians
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years recent hands on turbofan repair experience.
Candidates will military engine repair experience should apply TODAY!
Current and valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate (6+ months exp in the last 24) required.
Must provide own tools
Ability to work on a lift platform 3 feet to 40 feet in the air, as required by repair needs
Must be able to lift 20 lbs. routinely and 50 lbs. on occasion
Ability to operate various tools including, but not limited to jacks, welders, torches, paint guns, sanders, and drill press
Must be able to operate ground support equipment including, but not limited to tow truck & forklift
Able to communicate both in writing and orally in clear and understandable manner
Must be able to effectively and quickly perform repairs in short notice, high pressure situations
Able to travel to locations, in all weather conditions, in order to perform repairs
Must pass an DOT/FAA Pre-employment Drug Screen
Must clear a background check with no felonies
High School Graduate or equivalent required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.