LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Receiving Inspector for an opportunity in Wilson, NC
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform inspection of purchased parts.
- Inspect parts and products both for paperwork compliance as well as product conformity.
- Utilize SAP QN processes to document product non-conformities.
- Utilize applicable company databases to verify purchase order and drawing requirements.
- Review and approve supplier submitted First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR).
- Applies beginner to intermediate skills to perform functions of the position within assigned area.
- May adapt new procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to meet the more complex requirements/functions of the position.
- Partner with lead or other technicians to resolve moderate to complex issues.
- Maintain materials, equipment, and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Comply with all rules and regulations.
- Complete assigned tasks, not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individual skills.
- Check work methods and results for conformance to standards and re-instruct as required.
- Support company initiatives for continual improvement, lean manufacturing and zero defect plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Occasionally have to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Knowledge of inspection methods (layout, CMM, etc) and be proficient in performing all required gaging and visual inspections would be a plus.
- Knowledge and capability of interpreting engineering drawings as well as applicable specifications.
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) and work in a team environment.
- Preferred inspection experience with incoming product from suppliers.
Attention to detail in order to ensure safety and quality.
The ability to work in a team to support work capacity in a fast-paced environment.
The ability to take direction from more experienced coworkers, leads and supervisors.
Must be available for overtime, including extended workdays, weekends and holidays when needed
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.