Diesel Mechanic A Level
LAUNCH TransTechs is a seeking diesel mechanic to perform intermediate-level repair and maintenance of company tractors, trailers, and equipment through proper diagnostics, troubleshooting, and use of tools with minimum assistance.
Shift: 1st shift. Shop Hours 7 AM to 7 PM Monday through Sunday.
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour, depending on experience
Diesel Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections as specified, using mechanics’ hand tools and variety of shop equipment, which may include refrigeration, hydraulic jacks or hoists, welding and air pressure equipment.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and perform mechanical repairs and adjustments: lift-gate, PTO, emissions, air conditioning/heating, cab, brakes, frame, steering, suspension, tires, drive train, electrical system, engine system, trailer, refrigeration, cryogenic trailers and pumping equipment, live floor trailers, and other components which may need repair with minimal assistance.
- Complete work orders, charge parts, time cards, and other required documents using a computer, manuals, parts book, and maintenance codes.
- Wash equipment as needed.
- Drive service vehicle to pick up parts from outside vendors and respond to road calls, based on the operational needs per location.
- Attend all safety required meetings and perform all work as per OSHA, State and Federal guidelines.
- May assist in communication with outside vendors, customers and management to ensure proper workflow, sourcing of outside parts/labor estimates, and status of units within the shop.
- Use and understand service manuals (paper and on-line) for reference, procedures, wiring schematics and torque specs.
- Use diagnostic computer or read and clear fault codes to diagnose and make efficient repairs following troubleshooting trees.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections as specified, using mechanics hand tools and variety of shop equipment, which may include refrigeration, hydraulic jacks or hoists, welding and air pressure equipment, and other equipment as necessary.
Qualifications and Requirements For A Qualified Diesel Mechanic:
- Must have own set of tools.
- Must have steel toe boots.
- Must be able to pass CRIM & DMV Checks.
- CDL, preferred but not required.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or GED and 1-year minimum full-time experience in a commercial or fleet maintenance and repair shop.
- 3+ Years of mechanical experience working on a variety of tractor / trailer, medium / heavy equipment required.
- Must be proficient using volt/ohm meter and proficient reading schematics to make proper electrical diagnosis and repair.
- Must be able to use diagnostic computer or read and clear fault codes and able to diagnose and make efficient repairs following troubleshooting trees
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.