1st Shift Inventory Clerk
1st Shift Inventory Clerk
We are currently looking to hire 4 inventory clerks on the first shift for our warehouse in Wood Dale, IL. The position pays 12.50/hour to start and is 8:30am-4pm Monday to Friday.
SUMMARY- This hybrid position’s main focus is inventory cycle counting and to track and monitor inventory within the warehouse. Requires strong reliance on accuracy, control, monitoring and coordination in order to confirm inventory & investigate count discrepancies. Assist with shipping, receiving & warehouse duties as directed by supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform daily cycle counts.
- Monitoring and controlling inventory integrity.
- Maintain product identification, location, and lot code accuracy.
- Research inventory discrepancies.
- Work with Warehouse Lead to resolve inventory problems in a timely manner.
- Open cartons, bundles, and other containers to count items and/or weigh materials to determine quantity on hand.
- Report discrepancies of over/under amounts and any damaged products
- Strive for 100% on time delivery while maintaining picking accuracy of customer orders.
- Accurately pick, pack & ship customer orders.
- Assist with other duties as required.
Commitment to company values and ethics
Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately, willingness to learn and retain information.
Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy.
Teamwork: works harmoniously with others to get a job done, responds positively to instructions/procedures,
Initiative: plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Basic Computer skills, MS Excel, Word, & Outlook
- Basic Math skills
- Reliable transportation to work
- Good attendance & punctuality
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Must have a minimum of one year related experience and/or training.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility. The environmental characteristic for this position is a warehouse setting, which includes having minimum PPE on at all times. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional warehouse environment. – Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds and comply with OSHA standards.