1st Shift Senior Quality Engineer
1st Shift Senior Quality Engineer
A large client of ours is looking for a 1st shift Senior Quality Engineer for their world headquorters in Wood Dale. This is a direct placement role starting at 90k anually. The normal hours are 8:30am to 5:30pm. Please see below for further details.
The Senior Quality Engineer is responsible for performing Internal and External Quality Systems Audits of logistics, manufacturing and repair station companies and their respective vendors, to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, procedures and quality standards. The Senior Quality Engineer must be extremely knowledgeable with ISO 9001, AS9100, AS9110, AS9120 quality systems as well as U.S. Government FARs and DFARs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts on-site audits at supplier/sub-tier supplier facilities (e.g.: repair stations, manufacturers, distributors, etc.) to assess compliance to AAR purchase order flow down requirements and appropriate customer/industry/government quality standards/requirements (e.g.: FAA Part 145 and 21, ISO 9001, AS 9100, AS9110, AS9120, CASE, ASA 100, etc.).
- Prepares audit reports and initiates, tracks and closes items/gaps requiring supplier corrective action.
- Communicates supplier audit report findings/results to the appropriate business units/stakeholders.
- Ensures the audit report and details are updated within APRISe, as required.
- Participates as key team member in the measuring and monitoring aspect of supplier performance by ensuring accurate data is maintained in the eNCR system for product quality and On-Time Delivery systems are in place for tracking, reporting and maintaining supplier performance; including supplier development and improvement actions.
- Issue, maintain and follow-up on internal and supplier Corrective Action Requests
- Creates and maintains supplier audit training material for use to train and qualify other team members to perform supplier audits.
- Creates and assists other team members on development of training materials required of the quality/safety management system.
- Maintains overall list of training material for quality/safety related subject material.
- Provides investigation and RCCA for quality escapes, aircraft damage events and safety issues for business units, as required.
- Assist business unit quality system managers to construct, write and revise quality/safety system related document to support business needs (ISO, AS, FAA, etc.).
- Commitment to company values and ethics
- Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
- Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
- Organization: very detail oriented and always comes prepared
- Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Initiative: plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities
- Leadership: demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; or eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- FAA Inspection Authorization, FAA Designee and ASQ Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) certification desired.
- Minimum five years quality assurance experience or equivalent in aerospace manufacturing and/or maintenance operations required.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be at ease with oral and written communications under stress.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility. The environmental characteristic for this position is an office setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment.