Engineering Project Manager II
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Senior Engineering Project Manager for an opportunity in Atlanta, GA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Project Manager serves as project manager for capital modifications to the client’s fleet of aircraft. This position oversees large and complex divisional and/or cross-divisional projects with moderate financial risk and extensive change management requirements.
- Coordinates processes related to engineering programs through interaction with business units as well as all levels of management.
- Works with departmental representatives to manage workload to ensure project complection.
- Reports engineering project status, assembles and coordinates responsibilities and timelines to project teams comprised of Project Managers, Engineering, Maintenance, Materials, Planning and external vendors.
- Creation and maintaining of project plan templates within proposed tool(s).
- The Senior Project Manager oversees plan development including length and difficulty of tasks, aligns resources, reprioritizes projects and resources in order to manage risk and tracks applicable changes and impact.
- Reports project status, facilitates the escalation process, maintains WIP control and evaluates processes for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Develops mitigation responses and strategies to address project risks; serves as liaison and main Point of Contact between the different divisional team members, and external vendors (when applicable)
- Facilitates planning of complex projects and measures the program goals and objectives; and reports status and addresses program questions to the GM-Process and Compliance and other senior level officers and directors.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Up to 25% travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field including engineering, math, business or A&P Mechanics license with proven track record of out of the box thinking and an ability to think large scale.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Must have a commitment to continuous improvement with Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Candidate must be able to successfully execute and manage the scope, schedule and resources of divisional and cross-divisional projects.
- Must be willing to work evenings/ weekends when required to meet operational needs.
- Knowledge of or experience with TechOps policies and procedures in the development and/or execution of aircraft modifications, alterations, repairs or maintenance programs is desired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.