LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Aerospace Engineers II for an opportunity in Atlanta, GA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible to ensure all issued Engineering instructions follow all technical specifications and policies. Responsible to make timely assessments of structural, system, cabin, or avionics difficulty affecting line maintenance. This includes SRM/AMM navigation, IPC interchangeability, AD/Service Bulletin/modification status, and compliance to all FAA standards (Fuel Tank Safety CCDLs, EWIS requirements, CMRs and AWLs). Responsible to coordinate trouble shooting and corrective actions (repair, modification, and inspection instructions) with maintenance technicians, managers, and foremen to minimize impact to the operations. Must practice safety-conscious behaviors. Working hours based on operational requirements.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 4-7 years Four year accredited undergraduate engineering degree required. Aeronautical/Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical preferred. Other Engineering degrees (such as Chemical, Civil, or Structural) will be considered.
- Must possess leadership, communication, and technical credibility skills in at least one of the following areas: (1) Structural Analysis, including Statics, Mechanics of Deformable Bodies, Materials Science and Fracture Mechanics; or (2) troubleshooting and corrective actions with cabin/aircraft/electrical systems.
- At least 9 years of experience in the design and analysis of aircraft structural, system, and/or cabin repairs.
- Previous experience with aging aircraft structure is preferred. At least 3 years of experience providing engineering support for line aircraft and live aircraft operations.
- Experience as a lead/manager in an Airline Engineering department.
- Ability to analyze incomplete information, make timely decisions, develop innovative solutions, and mitigate risks to both safety and the operations.
- Thorough knowledge of FAA regulations and/or familiarity with EASA regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of engineering, maintenance, and planning.
- Must be performing satisfactorily in present position.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Access) and AutoCAD (or similar CAD software).
- Candidate must be available for Technical Operations on-site job training and business familiarization required during the initial period of employment
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.