Apply OnlineApply by Email
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Buyer with aviation experience for an opportunity in Atlanta, GA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
LAUNCH is looking for an aggressive person who loves to negotiate for the position of a Buyer. This Buyer position will analyze costs related to parts repairs. The best Buyers will be repsonsible for the following activates:
- Conduct market research and strategically sources goods and services utilizing completive bids when necessary.
- Enters into purchase agreements of goods and services for maintenance division to provide Aircraft Spares inventory and supplies.
- Support the acquisition of goods and services for other divisions when required.
- Monitor and analyze MROS requisitions.
- Monitor overdue purchase orders to ensure supplier performance and availability.
- Establishes order streams for certain components based on usage fir heavy maintenance, modification programs, or to meet usage requirements.
- Obtain the approval for goods and services that exceed $3000.00. Obtain authorization for approval on orders that exceed $3000.00.
- Assist in the sale of Surplus inventory and purchase inventory to support external vendors.
- Generate orders for goods and services to support the operation.
- Update the MROS PN Build.
- All specific job functions as outlined in associated maintenance GMM’s.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Supervisor – Purchasing.
Qualifications and requirements
- Two years experience in the airline industry, preferably in maintenance or maintenance activity, preferred.
- Strong technical background or ability to read technical drawings a plus.
- Strong data entry skills a requirement.
- Purchasing, negotiation, and/or contract on the job experience.
- Basic business skills, such as reconciliation, phone etiquette, and e-mail communication;
- Knowledge of databases and a working knowledge of Excel.
- A professional who is willing to negotiate to get the best deal for the company. Must have the ability to say no.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.