Planning data Analyst
Planning data Analyst
LAUNCH technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Planning data Analyst in Santa Maria, CA
Position Summary *
The Planning data Analyst is responsible for developing, preparing, interpreting and communicating ad hoc analytic reports, standard metrics, Key Performance Indicators related to Production Planning and Supply Chain, with a specific focus on production component shortages.
The goal of this position is to be the sole source of data analytics used as reference from all Planning functions, while having the ability to make sense of data and execute analytical projects.
This position reports directly to the Planning PMO manager (Project Management Office) and is fully involved in Planning and Supply Chain operational activities, process and improvement projects.
This position is critical for using system generated data to guide behaviors and help decision making.
Primary Responsibilities *
- Run analysis on production shortages and identify critical path for each airline program. Communicate conclusions and recommendations to Planning, Supply Chain and Program management
• Ensure timely creation and processing of key performance indicators
• Update the central repository for KPI storage and distrbution when work instructions/documents are created or modified
• Analyze critical metrics and provide conclusions and recommendations on business process
• Report progress on individual projects/metrics for weekly reviews
• Run data mining upon request, build and present analytic reports to Management
- Develop reports and dashboards based on functional specifications defined by Planning management OR re-engineer existing reports to more robust solutions (Power Query, BIRST, VBA…)
• Document work instructions for the processing and creation of all KPI’s produced
• Secure the change management, conduct training with teams on reporting tools, support the deployment of new repor
• Support the development and deployment of BIRST BI tool with BA team (Business Analysis)
• Participate in internal process audits with functional departments, once a year, using all available work instructions and processes to determine if the process is effective.
- Suggest improvements in procedures and processes, and assist in resolving corrective or preventative actions related to process failure
• Participate in ERP/MRP alignment and improvement activities, related to both static data and dynamic data.
• Help preparing data migration and data clean up
• Ensure standard data sets are being utilized to communicate to all customers.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Computer Science, Information Systems, Industrial management field (certification in a relevant discipline)
• Minimum of 2 years of experience on Data Analysis and/or Supply Chain
• Exposure to ERP systems, and basic knowledge of MRP methodology
• Advanced level in Excel, with ability to interpret raw data sets and produce graphical analytics
• Experience in programing (preferably in SQL, VBA, Java), database concepts, and data modeling is appreciated
• Preferably experience in an industrial production environment
- Strong analytical mindset with focus on details
• Ability to understand business and industrial concepts and process
• Exposure to Testing methodologies, creating test plan, validating test cases
• Strong Oral and written communications skills
• Ability to develop and communicate training packages for knowledge transfer
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.