Structural Liaison Engineer
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Structural Liaison Engineer for an opportunity in Tampa, FL.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide technical support for production, fabrication, planning, material control and purchasing. Will resolve Engineering issues in these departments with regard to the completion of projects.
- Prepares engineering documentation for implementation and approval of deviations from approved data.
- Authorizes all work deviating from drawings that are emergent in nature and immediately notifies the cognizant Project Engineer.
- Contacts manufacturers (Boeing and Airbus) of aircraft and repair parts to obtain specific information to facilitate production.
- Assists Contract Administrator with inspection of discrepancies and estimating time required to develop corrective action.
- Forwards all suggestions that would cause a deviation in the design, such as a better fabrication method or substitution of a more readily-available part, to the cognizant Project Engineer for possible approval and implementation into the design.
- Provides customer technical support including discussing problems and their solutions.
- Provides support to the Quality Assurance Department.
- Clarifies drawings for other departments upon their request.
- Apprises cognizant Project Engineer of all issues pertaining to the project.
Qualifications and requirements:
- BS Degree in related engineering discipline plus four years experience related to engineering and/or production.
- 5+ years of structural engineering experience
Boeing 737 Passenger to Cargo or Airbus transport aircraft experience preferred.
Write Engineering Authorizations ( EA) and Drawing Changed Notices ( DCN) experience required
- A & P preferred.
- Must have the ability to use MS Office Products (Word, Excel, etc.) and Autocad.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.