LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Aircraft Mechanics for an opportunity in Mesa, Arizona
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
This mechanic maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components, applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation, and applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as; blueprints or manufactures’ manuals.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts, requires broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair, must have basic knowledge of electrical theory, must have thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers.
- This job requires working knowledge of technical publications.
- The incumbent receives technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician, will occasionally be required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks, and may be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records.
- Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
Must be able but not limited to Drill close tolerance holes in composites, Tool indexing, Gap measurement.
Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, schematics, engineering dispositions and instructions.
Be safety conscious; employ the use of safety glasses, safety harnesses, respirators, boot socks, and other pertinent safety equipment 100% of the time.
Exhibit exemplary housekeeping and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) standards.
Maintain clean, neat, organized and FOD free work area.
Possess understanding and knowledge of basic computer systems and programs.
Ability to stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required.
Frequent overhead work may be required.
Frequent overtime may be required.
- Must be flexible and able to work independently.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.